Thursday, June 7, 2012

...Make Lemonade!

After my very close friend and I came up with the name of my blog, which I will explain soon, I realized that people just googling how to make lemonade at home may accidentally stumble upon my blog.  They would probably feel frustrated after finding posts about a pencil and a cardigan?!

Fortunately I just got a juicer!  So off to the grocery store we went for some lemons and sugar!  In order to welcome and/or hook those searching for a lemonade recipe...here it is....

Sweet Homemade Lemonade Juicer Recipe
1 cup of sugar (add more for taste)

Shopping List
* 1 cup of sugar (or more to taste)
* 4-6 Lemons
* 3-4 cups of cold water
* Ice



Directions:   

First get yourself a good juicer, some ripe
 lemons and a cute assistant!



DO peel off all the stickers...
Do NOT eat the lemons...
DO be silly :-)

It's a good idea to roll the lemon around first with pressure on the peel in order to get the most juice out of them.  

                                                Start peeling the lemons!       (There are some nifty things you can do with lemon peels like cleaning your tea kettle or coffee pot, deodorizing your garbage disposal, keep brown sugar soft, and even repel insects!) 





Place each lemon in the juicer and get all the juice you can!


In a pitcher, combine the water, sugar, lemon juice and ice.  Stir. 
Add more sugar if it tastes too bitter!  We did!


Lastly, share a glass of sweet, homemade lemonade with someone special!  Cheers!!

If anyone ever wants some suggestions in using juicing to get kids to eat veggies like spinach I've got other juicing recipes!  My picky kids drink it!

More about lemons next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment